Friday, March 16, 2012

I still don't have a house for sale

Yes, the story continues.

I received another call today about a house I don't own, and am not selling.  I called the agent back and explained the situation.  He was very polite and understanding about calling me by mistake.  I did ask him to please contact the listing agent to get this problem fixed.  Could you imagine having people show up at your house to look at it while you were in your jammies or even in the middle of some afternoon fun?

But I have come up with the perfect answer to calling any agent back.  I'm going to tell them that they need to not let my pets out.

Of course, they will have to bring a raw chicken for my oversized house cat Baby, who by the way is a tiger and thinks she's a lapcat.  And to not let Fluffy out, as last time he escaped he ate the neighbors cat, which the neighbor wasn't too happy about.  Fluffy, you see, is a 12 foot python.  Maybe this will work to get them to stop calling. 

I know that sometimes pets can freak out potential buyers.  Case in point.  When the douchebag was trying to sell his house, he had a potential buyer refuse to go into the house as he has a chocolate lab.  Now this oversized puppy (who is about 5yo give or take) who thinks she's a lapdog, is the sweetest thing on the planet and is only dangerous to squirrels who come into the yard.  If fact, if you were to burglarize his place and feed her a treat, she'd help you carry everything to your vehicle.  Yup, good watch dog. 

And if the above doesn't work, my bartending partner in crime who we shall call Flo (as she has been told she kinda looks like the Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials) will take care of this.  She is also a real estate agent and let me know that if I get the address and/or the listing agents name, she will contact them and let them know they are idiots.  How are you supposed to sell a house if you can't get ahold of the seller?  Haven't they heard of proof reading your ads?

As I've only gotten the one call today there might be hope that the problem has been fixed.  But, alas, I'm not holding out hope on this.  Maybe Baby and Fluffy need to go visit the ditz.

Disclaimer:  I really don't have a tiger and a python, as they would eat the 2 cats I do have.  But if I ever get a house and want to sell it, I'd see if the zoo would lend them to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment