Friday, May 4, 2012

Never piss off your bartender

Never.  Ever.  Piss off your bartender.  It won't get you anywhere.  Don't argue with them, you will not win.  You'll just make you look like a bigger ass that you are.  Seriously.

So the last two weekends have just been absolutely awful.  Ok, not every part of them.  Just parts.

For example, last Sunday night was the end of a trade show at the convention center near the hotel.  Now there were a couple of prima-donas at this show.  Typical for any big group.  There is always a couple that makes the whole group look difficult.  But the real fun started around 10:30 that night.

There was this guy who came into the bar.  Now as he seemed like he knew the people from the group I had thought that he was a part of them.  Wrong.  He apparently "was the lead singer for some local band".  Now this guy wasn't the lead singer for REO Speedwagon, he was in there the previous weekend.  I gave the fucktard a drink, he didn't seem all that messed up at that point.  But when I had come down from the kitchen with a food order, he was being all sorts of rude to the lady at the bar.

You don't do that.  Never.  Ever.  If you want to be an ass, do it at another bar.

So as he was both being an ass, and appearing intoxicated, I think that one drink kinda pushed it over the edge, I cut him off.  Period.  The end.

But no.  This idiot had to argue with me about it.  Tried to tell me that he wasn't fucked up, and therefore there was no need to cut him off.  Yeah right.  When you use that argument, you need to be cut off.

When I tried to tell him that he wasn't going to get anything else to drink.  He continued the argument.  Told me that if I was in Chicago, I wouldn't have to worry about cutting him off, I wouldn't lose my job for over serving.  Yeah right.  Guess what asshole?  We aren't in Chicago.  Besides, the bartender is the one in charge here, not you.

So he proceeded to call me a pussy for not standing up to the government and to just serve him another. 

What the fuck?  Really?  Call me a pussy?  Yeah, that'll get you a drink for sure.

Don't argue with the bartender, you will not win.  Oh, and don't call them names either.  Won't get you anywhere.

Luckily on of our night auditors happened to be doing a walk around during this.  And so when I told this idiot for the umpteenth time that he was cut off, my auditor/security dude, came to the bar to play bad cop.

It took threatening to call the cops to get this guy out of the bar.  But who knows, maybe he liked the threat of handcuffs.

When I told the boss about this, the first thing I was asked was if I clocked him.  Now as much as I wanted to, I didn't.  I didn't want to lose my job or break a nail.  As breaking a nail would've really pissed me off.

So in a nutshell, don't piss off your bartender.  Don't insult other customers at the bar.  And, one more thing.  Just because your short, leave the Chihuahua syndrome at home.  We don't allow little dogs there.

No comments:

Post a Comment