Friday, May 11, 2012

Its not the dryer, its the building

So I got good news and bad news on Wednesday.  The good news, my dryer isn't broken.  The bad news, it cost $120 to tell me that.  It's the damn building.  Well, the venting for the dryer that is.  When I told the maintenance man what it was, I got told "I told you to check the airflow".  I did.  The dryer's airflow that is.  I didn't know I was supposed to figure out the building's vent was clogged.

Jeez.  Now I get to have the management come out and fix it.  And then tell me that I need to empty the lint trap after each load.  I've had this set of machines for the last 22 years, I know this.  What do I look like, a blonde?  Ok, don't answer that.  I know I'm a ditz, but really?  I do know about lint traps, I even have a do-hickey to clean it out.  Yes, do-hickey is a word, a technical word at that.

I'd go clean out the damn vent if I had a ladder tall enough.  Even The Boy, who's around 6'6", standing on a step-stool can't get at it properly.  All I want in life is to dry the clothes.  Is that really too much to ask?  I don't want to have to visit the hell of the laundromat in the next 20+ years if I don't need too.  Have I screwed up that much in a past life to torture me that much?  Don't answer.  Really, don't.

At least I know that the machine is still going strong.  I'm just hoping to get at least another 5 years out of it.  I don't want to get a new one anytime soon, as even the repair guy said the stuff they sell now doesn't last anything like what I have. 

The really funny part about this whole ordeal was the repairman was here first thing.  I had scheduled a 8am - 1pm window, and we all know that they usually don't get there first thing.  In fact, when it did break last year, the repairman got here around 4pm.  So as I didn't want to wait all day, I figured, what the hell book the early time.  Yes, the day was full of suprises.

Now all I have to do is to wait for them to fix the building.  Laundromat, here I come.  I seriously must have screwed up in a past life.

No comments:

Post a Comment