Friday, June 29, 2012

False eyelashes look like insects needing to be squashed

So it has been a busy couple of months.  Shortie had prom and graduated from high school.  The Boy also went to prom with a friend of his.  I got him a new suit, which he needed, and shoes to match.  It was funny to see pants that were actually too long for him, its hard to do as he's 6'6" or so.  Of course, the really fun part was watching him model the thing while he was trying it on.  Shortie, thank god, had already gone and found a few dresses to show me.  Now don't get me wrong, shopping isn't all that bad.  But when she has to try on about 15+ dresses to find one or two or so that she likes it can get boring.  Not to mention, that when she finds a really cute one she likes but doesn't fit quite right, she gets frustrated.  Not that I blame her, I do the same thing.  Which is the reason I don't like to do a lot of shopping.

But back to prom night.  She had a few friends over to get ready.  I had to feel sorry for both the boy and one of the girls boyfriends as they were surrounded and outnumbered by the girls.  I have to give them credit, they didn't run and hide, I almost did though.  So we have 3 girls doing hair and make-up in one room, I tried to leave early for work, didn't happen.  We got all the hair done.  How much hairspray can you use before something blows up?  And whatever you do, if you have that many girls in a small room getting ready with that much hairspray, for gods sake, don't use a lighter.

Shortie had bought false eyelashes for prom.  I don't know how anyone wears them, I never have.  But I have helped Red put them on before.  Most people probably wouldn't think they are a big deal to do, but its like trying to get a cat into a bath.  Ok, maybe worse.  First, you've got to get the damned adhesive on them without getting it all over, that's challenge one.  The next challenge is putting them on your lash line without getting them all over your face.  Then when you try the second time they don't want to stick, so more adhesive.  Now there's too much, and you have to set them down to figure out if it's even worth it to put them on.  Now you know why I don't use them.  If you are lucky when you put them down they don't curl up on themselves, because when they do, they look like a damned bug.  Squish the damn thing.  Oh wait, you can't.  You've spent money on these damned things. 

Is having long eyelashes really that important?  My girls think so.  I just don't get it.  They look nice in the box, and really good when they are being worn.  But, why go through that hassle?  I can glue my fingers together without fighting to put something on.  Oh well.  I still don't get it.  Maybe its just me, or maybe I just don't want to wear something that I'd rather squish.

At least I didn't have to watch them battle with them.  I'd have had to get the broom ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment