Sunday, May 6, 2012

Don't leave your 7yo in your hotel room...

So on Friday I get a call from the front desk about a situation.  Remember how I hate the words "we have a situation"?  Well this little girl called the front desk that her mom had left and hasn't come back yet.  This is also a mom who hadn't paid to stay another night and was supposed to check out at noon, and now its 7pm.

Of course we are slammed in the restaurant.  Its usually not slow on days they need me to play manager.  But as the supervisor on duty, that's what I am.  So I had to leave the floor to my server, who thank god was working that day as we were so busy, and go to the room.  This poor little girl was hysterical.  When I got there, I introduced myself to her so she would open the door.  I told her that she could wait for mom in the restaurant with me until she got back.  I also introduced her to the front desk staff so she would also know them.

Because the mom hadn't paid, her key didn't work, and the little girl was supposed to be there to let her in through the window.  Like we were going to let that happen.  Thankfully she calmed down once we left the room.  What kinda of idiot leaves a 7 year old in the room?  On our way to the restaurant, guess who had just come back into the hotel with her other little one?  Yup, the mom of the year.  I so wanted to read her the riot act right there, but I didn't want to upset the girl.

So back to work I go.  Checked on things.  Everything in the restaurant was ok, so I went for a walk around the building to smoke and to make sure that this lady dumb bitch didn't break the window to get back in.  So guess what I saw?  Yup, the littlest one (the one she took with her) heading out to the parking lot and the bitch was outside of the room.  I went in and got backup so that I could figure out what she was doing now.  On the phone trying to find money to pay for the room.  Now we get the song and dance about how she works nights and had overslept.  Did she leave the girls alone at night?  WTF?  I'm thinking that maybe she was a working girl doing outcalls, but I don't know.  And I really don't care if girls are working or not, just don't leave your kids alone.  Use your nightly income to pay for a sitter.

Now she did ask us if the older one could go get her coat out of the room.  We weren't going to let her get cold outside, so we let her in to get it.  She also asked if she could get her sisters blanket, so we got that too.  But I drew the line at letting her get her mommy's computer.  Not going to get the most expensive items out of the room so she could skip.  I did have to tell the little one that I didn't want to have it get damaged so we needed to leave it in the room where it was safe.

Thought we were going to have to call the cops on her for both non-payment and child welfare issues.  I probably should've, but I didn't want to upset her anymore, the little one that is. 

At least the bitch had the common sense, which she obviously doesn't have much of, to bring the girls inside to stay warm while she was trying to find money.  Money finally arrived and she got into the room for one more night.  However, ran late on checking out in the morning.

I had left instructions for the night auditor to just call the police if she called the front desk about her mom being gone again and to also call me so I could keep the little one calm until they arrived.  My phone didn't ring, so either she wasn't working or the girls didn't wake up.

The things that could've happened to this girl because mom wasn't there is just awful to think about.  And if she comes back to the hotel, which apparently she's stayed with us a lot before, I'm going to try to keep tabs on the girls.  And if she bolts again, the police will be called.  I just can't handle people who don't take care of their kids.

You just don't leave little ones by themselves.  She was lucky that she wasn't staying at some flea bag, rent by the hour, dump to where who knows who would've showed up.  I'm still pissed off.  And if I see that bitch again, and the girls aren't with her, I'm so going to lay into her.  It'd be worth the write-up from the boss.

My god, kids disappear in situations where they are left alone.  Just last fall there was a little boy, a toddler, who disappeared when the mom left him in the car while she took the older girl with her to get "gas".  No one has seen him since.  I almost wonder if that bitch was related to the bitch from Friday.  Can you say Kaylee Anthony in the missing toddlers case?  And that woman hasn't even talked to the police since the first report of him being missing.  And this bitch from Friday put her little girl into a compromising position as well. 

My god.  I can't even give mine away, of course they aren't cute and little anymore, but The Boy can change a light bulb without a step-stool.  He's that tall.  He is for sale or rent to own, however, who ever takes him cannot return him.  Sorry no returns.

So listen people.  Don't leave your kids unattended.  Just don't do it.  Nope.  Not at all.  Never.  Or you just might hear the riot act from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment