Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 1 - Norwescon

The kids and I attend a sci-fi/fantasy convention every year called Norwescon.  Its a conglomeration of all sorts of sci-fi (Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.) and fantasy stuff like renfair things, vampires, monsters, dragons, and anything else you can think of.

So far, I have run into the usual friends, and even one that was at Paizocon, which is a gaming convention held at where I work until this year.  Paizocon has outgrown our hotel space so I won't be seeing them unless I stop by after work at the hotel they are at.

Bar is open.  Drinks have been poured.  Cookies have been found.  Cats are hiding, I don't think they really enjoyed leaving the house, but they needed to be taken care of.  I've never heard Stickers whine quite so much as she did in the car today.  She thinks that's bad, wait until the leash and harness come out.

But alas, the night ended on a sad note.  No matter what I wore or how hot the room was I couldn't get warmed up.  Then while getting something off the floor my ear started to hurt.  Lovely, I hope its not the start of an ear infection.

Going to bed now, will post this tomorrow.  Take care all, and remember...

Its just a jump to the left.....

No comments:

Post a Comment